THE COMING WEEK
- Learn to Sail Keelboats Course (Start Crewing and Start Helming) – Practical portion begins tomorrow at 8am. Meet at the boatshed. Continues Sunday (2nd Nov.), and the following weekend (8th/9th). Same time & place. (As per “L2S attachment”.)
- Dinghy Sail Training – Is also on tomorrow. Point score series continues. See CYC website/Facebook page for more information, or contact Scott. Prizes on offer! See attachment for new fee structure.
- SAGS – Will not be on tomorrow, due to Keelboat Course.
- Ellis Beach Sailing Division End of Christmas Break Up Party – Will be held at Ellis Beach this weekend. Free Camping available! For more information see attached flyer or Facebook.
NB: They do need numbers for catering purposes, so please RSVP TODAY by calling/texting Rhys Hattin on 0408 795 881, or via email address: email@example.com.
- WAGS – Next Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard for handicaps.
WAGS Courses & Sailing Instructions (and course diagrams)
- Sailors with Disabilities – The first voluntary training session for the program will be held on Thursday, 6th November at 4:00pm. Meet at the boatshed. All volunteers welcome!
- Yachting Queensland Membership – As per our new agreement between the Cairns Yacht Club and Yachting Queensland, a YQ Membership is now included in the price of your CYC Membership Fee. For individual member access to the YQ website through “My Sailor Profile”, please click on the “Club Members” box.
- Pontoon Ramp – If you need to release the ramp chain for improved access, please remember to close it again. Thanks!
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate – If you are interested in doing an RSA course, please email and expression of interest to the office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anniversary Regatta – Will be held on Saturday 15th November. Please see attached flyer for further details.
- Troppo Cup – The trailer boat series which was to be held in Bowen – early October was postponed, and they will advise us of new dates when set.
- The Blessing of the Fleet – Will be held on Saturday 13th December at Fitzroy Island Resort. Please see attached flyers for more information and bookings.
- Power Boat Handling Course – If anyone was interested in this course but distance was an issue, ALISON TURNER from Yachting Queensland is organising one in Mission Beach on a date TBA, (once she gets at least 2 more people). For more information, please call Alison on 3393 6788 or contact her via this link: email@example.com