THE COMING WEEK
- First Friday Function – “ Full Moon Friday”. Tonight! Bar open at 4pm. Twilight Sailing Event – departs approximately 5:30pm. Should be loads of fun. We hope to see you there!!
- Learn to Sail Keelboats Course (Start Crewing and Start Helming) – Practical portion continues tomorrow at 8am, (and Sunday). Meet at the boatshed. (As per “L2S attachment”.)
- Dinghy Sail Training – Is on tomorrow. Point score series continues. See CYC website/Facebook page for more information, or contact Scott. Prizes on offer! See attachment (or CYC noticeboard) for new fee structure.
- SAGS – Is also on tomorrow.
- Sailors with Disabilities – Another voluntary training session for the program will be held on Tuesday, 11th November at 4:00pm. Meet at the boatshed. All volunteers and people with a disability welcome! Call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for more information.
- WAGS – Next Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard for handicaps.
- Yachting Queensland Membership – As per our new agreement between the Cairns Yacht Club and Yachting Queensland, a YQ Membership is now included in the price of your CYC Membership Fee. For individual member access to the YQ website through “My Sailor Profile”, please click on the “Club Members” box.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate – If you are interested in doing an RSA course, please email and expression of interest to the office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anniversary Regatta – Will be held on Saturday, 15th November. Please see attached flyer for further details.
Car Park Patrons – Unless you are racing, please do not park your cars in the yacht club car park on the 15th of November – due to the Anniversary Regatta. Priority parking reserved for race entrants only. And you run the risk of being ”parked in” overnight! Thanks!
- High School Team Sailing – Sailing event plus sausage sizzle. Saturday, 15th November from 12pm. Please refer to final attachment for further details.
- The Blessing of the Fleet – Will be held on Saturday, 13th December at Fitzroy Island Resort. Please see attached flyers for more information and bookings.
- CYC Presentation Night – Saturday, 6th December. Further details – To Be Advised.
- Power Boat Handling Course – If anyone was interested in this course but distance was an issue, ALISON TURNER from Yachting Queensland is organising one in Mission Beach on a date TBA, (once she gets at least 2 more people). For more information, please call Alison on 3393 6788 or contact her via this link: email@example.com
- PDYC General Meeting, Working Bee & Xmas Party – December. Please refer to attachment for further details.