THE COMING WEEK
- CYC Christmas Party & Race to Fitzroy Island– Final race (apart from WAGS) for 2014. Tomorrow – Saturday, 13th December. Briefing at 10am. Nomination fee – $40 per vessel. Please refer to attached sailing instructions and flyer for further information, or check the CYC noticeboard.
- The Blessing of the Fleet – Will be held tomorrow at Fitzroy Island Resort. Please see attached flyers for more information and bookings.
- Power Boat Handling Course – Held at Mission Beach tomorrow, Saturday 13th December for those who have enrolled.
- YA Safety & Sea Survival Course – Will be held this weekend: 13th & 14th December, 2014 at Townsville Yacht Club for those who have enrolled.
- Sailors with Disabilities – Program continues next week (final two days for 2014): Tuesday, 16th and Thursday, 18th at 4:00pm. Meet at the boatshed. All volunteers and people with a disability welcome! Call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for more information.
- WAGS – This Wednesday. We are encouraging as many participants as possible to nominate next week (with as few regular crew as possible please). We have 17 confirmed “casual crew” attending, and have promised to do our best to accommodate them. So for those who thought they were unable to race due to lack of crew this time of year – Happy Days!
- Refer to club noticeboard for handicaps.
- Dinghy Sail Training – The 2014 Point Score Series has now finished congratulations to all – see the races results for all the winners. Also congrats to Victoria Roy on award for most improved sailor and to Lloyd Bennet as Junior Member of the Year. If you haven’t yet collected your prizes please contact Scott to arrange collection. The dinghy series kicks off again at the end of Jan 2014 ( please see the 2015 Schedule of Activities for more information).
- SAGS – HAS CONCLUDED FOR THE YEAR. WILL RECOMMENCE ON SATURDAY, 10TH JANUARY, 2015. SEE YOU THEN!
- CYC 2015 Sailing Schedule – Our sailing schedule has been finalised for next year
- CYC Presentation Night 2014 – A list of all the winners is attached (CYC Trophies 2014). Photos from the night will be upload to the Facebook page soon.
- CYC Pontoon – Pontoon patrons, please note the following excerpt from the CYC Member Guidelines: “For our boat owners, the pontoon is available during daylight hours on a “first in, best dressed” basis. If a member needs to stay overnight on our pontoon, prior booking by contacting the office, is essential. Cost is $15.00 – $20.00 per night, depending on overall length of vessel.” Thank you to those of you who DO always make a booking – much appreciated!
- Cyclone Preparedness – Please see attachment for an important notice from Ports North regarding the upcoming cyclone season. Also refer to above attachments for CYC Cyclone Management Plans.
- Yachting Queensland Membership – As per our new agreement between the Cairns Yacht Club and Yachting Queensland, a YQ Membership is now included in the price of your CYC Membership Fee. For individual member access to the YQ website through “My Sailor Profile”, please click on the “Club Members” box at the following website. www.qldyachting.org.au
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate – If you are interested in doing an RSA course, please email and expression of interest to the office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunshine Coast Ocean Regatta – Commences 31st July, 2015. Please see “Date Claimer” attachment for further details.