This Coming Week
- WAGS – This Wednesday. Please see links below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard for handicaps – Brian will post by Tuesday.
- SAGS – Will recommence on Saturday, 10th January. All Welcome!
- Sailors with Disabilities – Will recommence on Tuesday, 13th January, and as usual the following Thursday (15th). Please call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for further details.
- Dinghy Sailing – Will recommence on Saturday, 31st January. All Welcome!
- CYC 2015 Sailing Schedule – Please click link for details
- For all CYC events, please see our Calendar
- Instructor Training for 2015 – “In 2015 the CYC plans to conduct a series of training session in partnership with Yachting Queensland (YQ), the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron (CCYS), and Mission Beach Sailing Club, for Keel Boat Instructors, Dinghy Instructors, Power Boat handling and safety boat certification and race official Training. This is part of our commitment to building sailing capacity across all our fleets and will support our application be re-accredited as a Discover Sailing Centre.
- The first course being held in 2015 is the Keel Boat Instructor Course at the CCYS from Friday the 27th of Feb – Sunday 1st of March 2015. Please register your interest as per the information on the flyer attached. If you can also let me know I would be grateful. I have not be able to find information on cost of the course as yet, but at this stage registering is the first step. The CYC executive is currently considering a proposal to reimburse training cost for those member who then in turn offer their skills to the club to run course.” Scott Davis.
- Port Douglas Race Week – Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas, the town comes alive with a plethora of events and of course the regatta is the highlight. Please see attachment for NOR.
Happy new year!! 🙂