This Coming Week
- WAGS – This Wednesday. Please see links below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard for handicaps – Brian will post by Tuesday.
- Sailors with Disabilities will recommence this Tuesday, 13th January, and as usual the following Thursday (15th). Could all volunteers please be at the boatshed at3:30pm, and all participants (volunteers & sailors) please let Gordo know if you are coming via text message
- Alternatively you may call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for further details.
- Moonlight Sailing – The boatshed will be open at4:30pm this afternoon for anyone who would like an ‘end-of-week bevy’. Also, weather (& keen skippers) permitting you may want to join in on a moonlight sail. Meet at boatshed -5:30pm. Departing marina between6 and 6:30pm.
- NB – The boatshed may not stay open during the moonlight sail, but is bound to reopen upon return (provided the sailing eventuates in the first place of course.)
- SAGS is back – 10th January. All Welcome!
- Dinghy Sailing Due to popular demand dinghies will be held this Saturday, 10th January at 8:30am. ‘Season-Proper’ Recommencement is still set for Saturday, 31stJanuary.
- Sailors with Disabilities – The larger access dinghy (kindly donated to the club by the owner of Fitzroy Island) is expected to arrive next week
- Sailing Committee – We won’t have a Sailing Committee meeting in January. The next meeting will be held at 5:30pm, Monday the 9th of February in the Regatta Room. Any agenda items, please forward to Scott one week prior to meeting.
- CYC 2015 Sailing Schedule – Please click link for details
- For all CYC events, please see our Calendar
- Australia Day BBQ and Fun Sail: Monday, 26th January. BBQ begins at 11am. Race start: 1330. Click on link for further details. Should be a great day!
- Instructor Training for 2015 – “In 2015 the CYC plans to conduct a series of training session in partnership with Yachting Queensland (YQ), the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron (CCYS), and Mission Beach Sailing Club, for Keel Boat Instructors, Dinghy Instructors, Power Boat handling and safety boat certification and race official Training. This is part of our commitment to building sailing capacity across all our fleets and will support our application be re-accredited as a Discover Sailing Centre.
- The first course being held in 2015 is the Keel Boat Instructor Course at the CCYS from Friday the 27th of Feb – Sunday 1st of March 2015. Please register your interest as per the information on the flyer attached. If you can also let me know I would be grateful. I have not be able to find information on cost of the course as yet, but at this stage registering is the first step. The CYC executive is currently considering a proposal to reimburse training cost for those member who then in turn offer their skills to the club to run course.” Scott Davis.
- Port Douglas Race Week – Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas, the town comes alive with a plethora of events and of course the regatta is the highlight.