This Coming Week
- SAGS: Will not be held on Saturday due to Series 1 cancellation.
- Dinghy Sailing: Series 1 continues Saturday at 8:30am.
- Ellis Beach Opening Day Regatta: The wait is over – Ellis Beach Division’s racing season kicks off for 2015 THIS WEEKEND! Racing Starts: 1pm Saturday and 10am Sunday. Camping is free for members. (Bargain!) Click on link for more information.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard for handicaps.
- Sailors with Disabilities: Program continues Tuesday, 24th February, and as usual the following Thursday (26th). Could all volunteers please be at the boatshed at 3:30pm, and all participants (volunteers & sailors) please let Gordo know if you are coming via text message. Alternatively you may call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for further details, or register your interest online – click on link above.
- Keelboat Instructors Course: Will be held at the CCYS from 27th February to 1st March, 2015. Click on link for further details.
- YQ Training Session: Attention Please – All future CYC trainers and YQ registered club administrators: Julien from Yachting Queensland will be holding a training session for people to learn about navigating the “My Centre” portion of their website (for trainers), and the “My Club” portion (for club officials and administrators who wish to learn more, or are having trouble navigating this system). The information session will be held at the CCYS on the afternoon of Friday, 27th February, 2015. Please complete the attached brief survey if you wish to attend (click on title link to open). Session times may vary and will be confirmed by Yachting Queensland upon survey submittal. Future trainers please note: Your attendance, if at all possible is highly recommended, as you WILL be using this software for club training sessions in the future. Thanks!
- CYC Half Yearly Meeting: A big thank you to all those who attended our half yearly meeting last night! Attendance was much improved. Thanks also to Trish Chalmers for all her help (as per usual) in ensuring the whole thing ran smoothly. You’re a champ Trish!
- Lil Cortis Memorial Charity Sail: This race has now been tentatively rescheduled for the 7th March, 2015. For more information please call YKBC on 4055 7711. Alternatively, click on link or check the CYC website in the coming days for updated details.
- Instructor Training for 2015: “In 2015 the CYC plans to conduct a series of training session in partnership with Yachting Queensland (YQ), the Cairns Cruising Yacht Squadron (CCYS), and Mission Beach Sailing Club, for Keel Boat Instructors (expressions of interest urgently sought), Dinghy Instructor Course, Assistant Dinghy Instructor Course, Power Boat Handling, Safety Boat Certification and Race Official Training. This is part of our commitment to building sailing capacity across all fleets and will support our application for re-accreditation as a Discover Sailing Centre. The first course being held in 2015 is the Keel Boat Instructor Course (click on link above) at the CCYS from Friday the 27th of Feb – Sunday 1st of March 2015. Please register your interest as per the information on the flyer attached. If you can also let me know I would be grateful. I have not be able to find information on cost of the course as yet, but at this stage registering is the first step. The CYC executive is currently considering a proposal to reimburse training cost for those member who then in turn offer their skills to the club to run course.” – Scott Davis.
- Lil Cortis Memorial Charity Sail: The Yorkeys Knob Boat Club invites all skippers and crew to join them on 7th of March, 2015 for this annual fun sail. (Tentative date only – yet to be confirmed.) For more information please call YKBC on 4055 7711. Alternatively see link, or check the CYC website in the coming days for updated details.
- Dick Cater Series: Will be held on 1st and 8th March, 2015. (Both dates are Sundays.) Please click on link for more information.
- CYC Sailing Committee: Our next meeting will be held in the Regatta Room on 9th March, 2015 at 5:30pm. All regular skippers are encouraged to attend.
- The Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week: Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. The Micky Ink Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas, the town comes alive with a plethora of events and of course the regatta is the highlight. Please see title link for Notice of Race.