This Coming Week
- Lauren’s 31st Birthday Celebration: Tonight! We will be hosting a twilight sail (weather/keen skippers permitting) – meeting @1700 on the pontoon. Snacks & nibbles will be provided on the jetty after sail (approx 1830-1900). We will then head to the boatshed for pizza & cake, but not before we polish off a few “warm-ups” on the boats (of course!) Pizza will be a $5 contribution per person and there will be a vegetarian option. All members welcome! NB: Post-sail drinks and nibbles may be relocated to the boatshed due to inclement weather.
- SAGS: Will be held this Saturday and additional nominations are encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Dinghy Sailing: Series 2 commences Saturday at 8:30am. All welcome.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- Sailors with Disabilities: Program continues Tuesday, 10th April and Thursday, 12th April. Could all volunteers please be at the boatshed at 3:30pm, and all participants (volunteers & sailors) please let Gordo know if you are coming via text message. Alternatively you may call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for further details, or register your interest online – click on link above.
- Trespass Notices: Notices have been issued this week due to overcrowding on the dinghy tie-up section of the pontoon. If you are a current member and received one of these notices yesterday, please attach (or make more visible from the pontoon) a current (2014-15) sticker. Come and see me (Lisa) in the office if you do not have one. Also please ensure your vehicles are displaying a current sticker – car park notices appearing soon! Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
- YQ Membership: If you held this membership prior to renewing your CYC membership for 2014-15, please advise me (via email) of your membership expiry date so I can re-register you under their “My Club” System from that date onwards. Thank you.
- Upcoming Courses: Expressions of interest are currently sought from any interested members for the following courses – Dinghy Instructor, Assistant Dinghy Instructor, Re-validation of your current qualification. Please click on link for further details or to register interest.
- Dick Cater Short Course Series: Is currently scheduled for Sunday, April 19th. Please check website “Announcements” in the coming days for more information.
- Lindsay Joice Series: The Lindsay Joice Series (Races 1-3) will be held over a three week period in May. These dates are currently scheduled as the 3rd, 9th and 10th of May, 2015. Further details will be supplied as they become available.
- The Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week: Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. The Micky Ink Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas, the town comes alive with a plethora of events and of course the regatta is the highlight. Please see title link for Notice of Race.
- Troppo Cup Trailable Yacht Series 2015: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details. Troppo2015 (3)Final