This Coming Week
- SAGS: Will be held tomorrow and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Dinghy Sailing: Series 2 continues tomorrow at 8:30am. All welcome.
- Combined Dick Cater Short Course Series & Club Championship 2015: Begins this Sunday, April 19th. Boatshed briefing: 0900hrs. Anyone wishing to participate who has not already nominated will need to contact Bill Munro email@example.com. For more information please click on title link, or here.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- Sailors with Disabilities: Program continues Tuesday, 21st April and Thursday, 23rd April. Could all volunteers please be at the boatshed at 3:30pm, and all participants (volunteers & sailors) please let Gordo know if you are coming via text message. Alternatively you may call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for further details, or register your interest online – click on link above.
- ANZAC Day Memorial Sailing Event: Held next Saturday, 25th April & commencing at 1:30pm. The CYC invites all members from all fleets and all former CYC Commodores to join us for this very special event (includes wreath laying). A very big welcome is also being extended to current and former service personell to join us. If you wish to participate please contact Bill Munro – CYC Yacht Division Fleet Captain: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to see you all there! Lest We Forget.
- Trespass Notices: Notices were issued recently due to overcrowding on the dinghy tie-up section of the pontoon. If you are a current member and received one of these notices last week, please attach (or make more visible from the pontoon) a current (2014-15) sticker. Come and see me (Lisa) in the office if you do not have one. Also please ensure your vehicles are displaying a current sticker – car park notices appearing soon! Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
- YQ Membership: If you held this membership prior to renewing your CYC membership for 2014-15, please advise me (via email) of your membership expiry date so I can re-register you under their “My Club” System from that date onwards. Thank you.
- Upcoming Courses: Expressions of interest are currently sought from any interested members for the following courses – Dinghy Instructor, Assistant Dinghy Instructor, Re-validation of your current qualification. Please click on link for further details or to register interest.
- Lindsay Joice Series: The Lindsay Joice Series (Races 1-3) will be held over a three week period in May. These dates are currently scheduled as the 3rd, 9th and 10th of May, 2015. Further details will be supplied as they become available.
- Whitsunday Laser Sail Training Camp: Held at the Whitsunday Sailing Club on the 9th/10th May. This training is an amazing opportunity for recreational sailors and aspiring athletes to enhance and fine-tune their sailing skills under the guidance of North Queensland’s top tier sailing coach, Danny Fuller. Please click on title link for more information.
- The Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week: Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. The Micky Ink Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas, the town comes alive with a plethora of events and of course the regatta is the highlight. Please see title link for Notice of Race.
- Troppo Cup Trailable Yacht Series 2015: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details. Troppo2015 (3)Final