The Coming Week
- SAGS: Will be held tomorrow and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Dinghy Sailing: Will not be held tomorrow.
- Lindsay Joice Series: Has unfortunately been postponed due to insufficient nominations.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- Social Committee Inagural Meeting: Wednesday, 6th May. Meeting starts at 6pm in the boatshed. Please see General Notices (below) for more details.
- Sailors with Disabilities: Program continues Tuesday, 5th May and Thursday, 7th May. All volunteers please be at the boatshed at 3:30pm. All participants (volunteers & sailors) please let Gordo know if you are coming via text message. Alternatively you may call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for further details, or click on link to register interest.
- Office Closure: The office will be unattended between the 5th and 8th of May, 2015. Please contact Brian Dowling for pontoon bookings during this time. Thanks!
- Social Committee: The CYC is currently endeavouring to form a Social Committee with a view to organising some marvellous shindigs in future. All CYC Members/Party Animals who’d like to be involved, please meet at the boatshed this Wednesday at 6pm.
- Sailing Committee: Our next Sailing Committee Meeting will be held in the CYC Regatta Room at 5.30pm on the 11th of May. All welcome.
- Gold Coast Theme Park Discount Vouchers: This week we received half price vouchers for all “the worlds” plus the Outback Spectacular. Any CYC members who are heading down that way prior to 30th June, 2015 or you may wish to gift them to friends or relatives who are, please feel free to pick some up from the boatshed or office. Vouchers are free of charge to all CYC members.
- School Team Sailing: Congratulations to the teams of Atherton Blitz and TAS A who have been invited to represent their schools, and Queensland, at the Australian School Team Sailing National Championships. Well done kids!
- Upcoming Courses: Expressions of interest are currently sought from any interested members for the following courses – Dinghy Sailing Instructor (June 19-21), Assistant Dinghy Sailing Instructor, Re-validation of your current qualification. Please click on links for further details or to register interest.
- Whitsunday Laser Sail Training Camp: Held at the Whitsunday Sailing Club on the 9th/10th May. This training is an amazing opportunity for recreational sailors and aspiring athletes to enhance and fine-tune their sailing skills under the guidance of North Queensland’s top tier sailing coach, Danny Fuller. Please click on title link for more information.
- Combined Dick Cater Short Course Series & Club Championship 2015: Continues Sunday, 17th May. Boatshed briefing: 0900hrs. Anyone wishing to participate who has not already nominated will need to contact Bill Munro email@example.com. For more information please click on title link, or here for Sailing Instructions.
- The Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week: Will be held 24th-29th May, 2015. The Micky Ink Port Douglas Race Week is held over Port Douglas’s Carnivale, so it is a fabulous time to be in Port Douglas. There is free berthing available to visiting yachts and entries close in two weeks time. Please see title link for Notice of Race.
- Troppo Cup Trailable Yacht Series 2015: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details. Troppo2015 (3)Final
Hi All, just a note that the Dinghy event tomorrow will be held as part of the ANZAC sail- commencing at 1.30pm… thanks