The Coming Week
- SAGS: Series 3 begins on Saturday and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Dinghy Training: Will be held Saturday, 8:30am at the CYC. All Welcome.
- Ellis Beach Race Day / Dinghy Racing: A combined meet of our Ellis Beach Sailing Division, and the final day of Dinghy Racing Point Score Series 2, will be held at Ellis Beach this Sunday (31st May), between 10:30am and 5pm. All dinghy racing participants are required to RSVP Mark Leitner on 0413 456 904, or email to email@example.com. Thank you.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- Sailors with Disabilities: Program continues Tuesday, 2nd June and Thursday, 4th June. All volunteers please be at the boatshed at 3:30pm. All participants (volunteers & sailors) please let Gordo know if you are coming via text message. Alternatively you may call Gordo on 0411 524 262 for further details, or click on link to register interest.
- Many Thanks: A big thank you goes out to Graham Janz, John Harlen and Brian Dowling for all their tireless work over the years coordinating our wonderful WAGS events each and every week. And of course to all our volunteers – members & officials, past and present (way too many to name you all …but you know who you are and so do we), who show so much dedication and commitment by donating their valuable time and energy to the CYC’s many and varied activities. Thanks everyone! We wouldn’t have a club without you.
- Gold Coast Theme Park Discount Vouchers: Recently we received half price vouchers for all “the worlds” plus the Outback Spectacular. Any members who might be heading that way prior to 30/6/15, or who may know of someone who’d like to take advantage of this offer, please feel free to pick a few up (at no charge) from the CYC boatshed or office.
- Upcoming Courses: Expressions of interest are currently sought from any interested members for the following courses – Dinghy Sailing Instructor (June 19-21), Assistant Dinghy Sailing Instructor, Re-validation of your current qualification. Please click on links for further details or to register interest.
- Not The May Day Regatta: Will be held at the Tinaroo Sailing Club on the long weekend of June 6-8, 2015. Please see title link for more details, including Notice Of Race and registration information.
- Qld Tasar Championships: Will be held in Townsville on 15th-16th August, 2015. Notice of Race coming soon.
- Troppo2015 (3)Final: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details. Troppo2015 (3)Final