The Coming Week
Dinghy Sailing: Will be held on Sunday at Ellis Beach,. All Welcome. – (9.30am for rigging)
- Ellis Beach Race Day: The next fun-filled, action-packed race day at Ellis Beach will be held this Sunday – 12th of July in combination with the commencement of Dinghy Series 3. All Welcome.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- CAIRNS FESTIVAL PARADE UPDATE: A meeting will be held on Wednesday, 24th June at 5:30pm (after WAGS). Any interested helpers are requested to please attend. See here for further information.
- Sailors with Disabilities:A group of people from Endeavour Foundation along with their carers will join this program from next Tuesday starting at 1pm till 3pm. This will be followed by our regular crew at 3.30 pm till 5.30pm on each Tuesday. We will need more help at these times and invite volunteers who will learn how to operate all of the equipment to join us for fun, sailing, and skills development. Who do you know who can help out? Contact Gordo : 0411 524 262
- CYC Sailing Memberships: Reminder to our valued members – your current CYC Sailing Membership expires on 30th June, 2015. Car park cards will also expire at this time so please disregard the 30/9 expiry date currently shown on card. Membership renewals for the 2015-16 financial year may be made by returning your completed membership form along with payment to the CYC office. Thank you!
Office Hours: have changed – please note
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL CYC MEMBERS: This year due to limited and increasingly overburdened resources, we have had to make some necessary changes to our pricing policy. These are as follows:
- Car Park Cards are now available only to active and participating members, at a cost of $50 per member/per year.
- Pontoon tender access is available to those who would like this option, at a rate of $150 per member/per year.
- Yachting Queensland Silver Cards are again optional, and priced at $70 per member/per year.
- Overnight vessel berthing on the CYC Pontoon is now charged at a flat-rate of $30 per vessel/per night. One free night per day of racing (either side of race day) still applies.
- Ladies Day Race: Remember to plan your costumes and decorations for your vessel to nominate for the first Ladies Day Race this year Is set to take place on 19th July, 2015. Preparations are underway and more information will be provided as it becomes available. The CYC Ladies Race is proudly sponsored by Splish Splash… Thanks for your valued support Frances! to be held on Sunday 19 July.
- Qld Tasar Championships: Will be held in Townsville on 15th-16th August, 2015. Notice of Race coming soon.
- Troppo2015 (3)Final: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details. Troppo2015 (3)Final. For Sailing Instructions and Nomination Form please click here: Troppo Cup SI’s.