The Coming Week
- SAGS: Will be held next week and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
Dinghy Sailing: Will be held on Saturday at 8.30 am at the CYC Boatshed. All Welcome.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- Cairns Festival Parade : The organising team is look for photos to show as part of the festival parade if you can help please contact Kerri. Get your costumes ready for the parade
- Sailors with Disablity Program :A group of people from Endeavour Foundation along with their carers will join this program from next Tuesday starting at 1pm till 3pm. This will be followed by our regular crew at 3.30 pm till 5.30pm on each Tuesday. We will need more help at these times and invite volunteers who will learn how to operate all of the equipment to join us for fun, sailing, and skills development. Who do you know who can help out? Contact Gordo : 0411 524 262
- CYC AGM – Please note that the AGM will be held on the 29th of August at 10am in the Regatta Room. As with all clubs we rely on our members so please consider being part of the CYC Executive team.
- CYC Sailing Memberships: Reminder to our valued members – your current CYC Sailing Membership expires on 30th June, 2015. Car park cards will also expire at this time so please disregard the 30/9 expiry date currently shown on card. Membership renewals for the 2015-16 financial year may be made by returning your completed membership form along with payment to the CYC office. Thank you!
- Office Hours: have changed – please note
- Car Park: The CYC boom gate is going back on the car park on 28/7/15, so if anyone doesn’t have a 2016 car park card AND current CYC car sticker they will not be able to park there after that date
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL CYC MEMBERS: This year due to limited and increasingly overburdened resources, we have had to make some necessary changes to our pricing policy. These are as follows:
- Car Park Cards are now available only to active and participating members, at a cost of $50 per member/per year.
- Pontoon tender access is available to those who would like this option, at a rate of $150 per member/per year.
- Yachting Queensland Silver Cards are again optional, and priced at $70 per member/per year.
- Overnight vessel berthing on the CYC Pontoon is now charged at a flat-rate of $30 per vessel/per night. One free night per day of racing (either side of race day) still applies.
- Fitzroy Island Race :It is on again – Nominate early to join the fun
- Cairns Sailing Training Camp: 8th & 9th of August nominate here and join Danny Fullar for a great training experience
- Qld Tasar Championships: Will be held in Townsville on 15th-16th August, 2015. Notice of Race coming soon.
- Sail Cairns – Festival Cup Regatta – Inaugural Launch Invitation : Will be held at 7.00pm Saturday 22nd August 2015. Please join us to formally launch the event. RSVP before 17 August by either calling Sharon on 4035 5115 or by email to email@example.com
- The Troppo Cup: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details.Troppo2015 (3)Final. For Sailing Instructions and Nomination Form please click here: Troppo Cup SI’s.
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend.