The Coming Week
- SAGS: Will be held next week and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Sailing Committee Meeting will be held on the 14th of September – All welcome
- Dinghy Sailing: Dinghy sailing series 3 is now finished . Series 4 start on the 25th of September. Get your vessels Ready
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- 43rd Taser Nationals will be held in Townsville 26th Sept – 3rd of Oct
- Ladies Day Race is planned for the 11th of October – get your crews together for this fun vent
- Sailors with Disablity Program :A group of people from Endeavour Foundation along with their carers will join this program from next Tuesday starting at 1pm till 3pm. This will be followed by our regular crew at 3.30 pm till 5.30pm on each Tuesday. We will need more help at these times and invite volunteers who will learn how to operate all of the equipment to join us for fun, sailing, and skills development. Who do you know who can help out? Contact Gordo : 0411 524 262. Join the new facebook page to follow all the action
- CONGRATULATION to all the teams, sponsors and volunteers involved in the SAIL CAIRNS FESTIVAL: final results are on our website . Spread the word that 2016 will be bigger and better. Check out our facebook page for photos from the event
- CYC AGM results are now in – Congratulation to all the incoming committee and fleet captains
- CYC Sailing Memberships: Reminder to our valued members – your current CYC Sailing Membership expires on 30th June, 2015. Car park cards will also expire at this time so please disregard the 30/9 expiry date currently shown on card. Membership renewals for the 2015-16 financial year may be made by returning your completed membership form along with payment to the CYC office. Thank you!
- Car Park: The CYC boom gate is back on the car park , so if anyone doesn’t have a 2016 car park card AND current CYC car sticker they will not be able to park there after that date
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL CYC MEMBERS: This year due to limited and increasingly overburdened resources, we have had to make some necessary changes to our pricing policy. These are as follows:
- Car Park Cards are now available only to active and participating members, at a cost of $50 per member/per year.
- Pontoon tender access is available to those who would like this option, at a rate of $150 per member/per year.
- Yachting Queensland Silver Cards are again optional, and priced at $70 per member/per year.
- Overnight vessel berthing on the CYC Pontoon is now charged at a flat-rate of $30 per vessel/per night. One free night per day of racing (either side of race day) still applies.
- Qld Tasar Championships: Will be held in Townsville on 15th-16th August, 2015. Notice of Race coming soon.
- The Troppo Cup: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details.Troppo2015 (3)Final. For Sailing Instructions and Nomination Form please click here: Troppo Cup SI’s.
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend.