The Coming Week
- SAGS: Will be held next week and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Dinghy Sailing: Series 4 start on the 26th of September. Hope to see you all there at 8.30am saturday.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- NQ Sail in company social event on the 26th of September -all boaties welcome
- 43rd Taser Nationals will be held in Townsville 26th Sept – 3rd of Oct
- Townsville Sprints follow the Taser nationals on the 3rd and 4th of October
- Ladies Day Race is planned for the 11th of October – get your crews together for this fun event
- Sailors with Disablity Program :A group of people from Endeavour Foundation along with their carers will join this program from next Tuesday starting at 1pm till 3pm. This will be followed by our regular crew at 3.30 pm till 5.30pm on each Tuesday. We will need more help at these times and invite volunteers who will learn how to operate all of the equipment to join us for fun, sailing, and skills development. Who do you know who can help out? Contact Gordo : 0411 524 262. Join the new facebook page to follow all the action
- Changes to Dinghy Usage Fee : As per advice issues in July 2015, and commencing start of season 4 dingy usage fees will now be $20 / verssel. Nomination fee remain the same.
- Dinghy DSC Sailing Training 1&2 : After 12 months work the CYC is conducting our first Dinghy Sailing Training course 1/2 from Friday to Sunday ( please make them feel welcome)
- TCYC is hosting a safety and survival at sea course in November follow the link if your keen to attend
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are Tues 12:30 – 4:30, Wed 9:30 – 5:30, Fri 11 – 2, or by appointment.
- FNQ Clubs meeting will be held on saturday night at 6pm during the Mission Beach Regatta – Ben Callard from YQ will be attending – if you wish to table an item for discussion please contact YQ FNQ Board Director Scott Davis
- Qld Tasar Championships: Will be held in Townsville on 15th-16th August, 2015. Notice of Race coming soon.
- Mission Beach Regatta 2015 will be held on the 24th and 25th of October – We anticipate a strong contingent of CYC members – more information will be posted soon
- Townville Sprints are coming up soon on the 3rd and 4th of October
- The Troppo Cup: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details.Troppo2015 (3)Final. For Sailing Instructions and Nomination Form please click here: Troppo Cup SI’s.
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend.