The Coming Week
- SAGS: Will be held next week and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Dinghy Sailing: Series 4 started on the 26th of September. Hope to see you all there at 8.30am saturday. all are welcome.
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- 43rd Taser Nationals will be held in Townsville 26th Sept – 3rd of Oct
- Townsville Sprints follow the Taser nationals on the 3rd and 4th of October (important update )
- Ladies Day Race is planned for the 11th of October – get your crews together for this fun event
- SWD Program runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm. You are reminded to keep the new pontoon and at least 30 ft of the old pontoon free for access by this program
- Boatshed Managment : Just a reminder that our excellent Treasurer has made up a new Cash reconciliation form, and that the club house needs to be locked each time it is left vacant – please talk to Rod Mitchel for more information on the SOPs.
- Changes to Dinghy Usage Fee : As per advice issued in July 2015, and commencing start of season 4 dingy usage fees will now be $20 / vessel. Nomination fees remain the same.
- Sailors with Disability Program : The CYC Sailors with a disability Program Raffle tickets are on sale from Friday 02 October. Books of 20 – Six great prizes to be won. Ask to sell a book or three. Phone Gordo 0411 524 262 or Don 0411 259 827 For more information on the SWD Program Contact Gordo : 0411 524 262. Join the new facebook page to follow all the action
- Congrats to the 8 new sailors – who completed Dinghy “Start crewing and heleming” course last weekend – more courses will be offered in the December school holiday so watch this space.
- TCYC is hosting a safety and survival at sea course in November follow the link if your keen to attend
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are Tues 12:30 – 4:30, Wed 9:30 – 5:30, Fri 11 – 2, or by appointment.
- FNQ Clubs meeting will be held on saturday night at 6pm during the Mission Beach Regatta – Ben Callard from YQ will be attending – if you wish to table an item for discussion please contact YQ FNQ Board Director Scott Davis
- Mission Beach Regatta 2015will be held on the 24th and 25th of October – We anticipate a strong contingent of CYC members – more information will be posted soon
- Townville Sprints are coming up soon on the 3rd and 4th of October – UPDATED INFORMATION HERE
- The Troppo Cup: It’s on again this year. Held in Bowen 3rd -4th October. Click on the following link for further details.Troppo2015 (3)Final. For Sailing Instructions and Nomination Form please click here: Troppo Cup SI’s.
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend.