The Coming Week
- SAGS: Will be held next week and additional nominations are always encouraged. Click here to nominate, or see title link for more information and race rules.
- Dinghy Sailing: Series 4 is on, we hope to see you all there at 8.30am saturday. All are welcome. Volunteers to assist are also very welcome
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- SWD Program runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm. You are reminded to keep the new pontoon and at least 30 ft of the old pontoon free for access by this program
- Townsville Sailing Club – recently hosted a range of regatta which were very well attended. Congrats to the organisers.. Check out the following links Link1 Link2
- Discover Sailing Day The CYC is hosting a discover sailing day on the 22nd of Nov. If you can help out please contact Bill, Mark or Scott. To register to go for a sail please follow the link
- CYC Sailors with a Disability Program (SWDP) has launched a raffle to raise funds for securing a larger, more suitable boat for our larger adults. See Aaron Darrel to secure your ten or so books of 20 tickets on Tues or Thurs after 5.30pm at the Boatshed. Fantastic prizes on offer, including book-buyer/seller prize. Drawn at CYC Presentation 12 Dec. Gordo will be away for a few weeks from the 12th of October so please contact Don or Arron (m: 0459581495) for all the lastest updates
- 2016 CYC schedule of events is currently being developed – please contact your fleet captain if you wish to provide input into next years calendar
- Boatshed management : Just a reminder that our excellent Treasurer has made up a new cash reconciliation forms – please see Pam for more information. Our the club house needs to be locked each time it is left vacant – please talk to Rod Mitchel for more information on the SOPs.
- Changes to Dinghy Usage Fee : As per advice issued in July 2015, and commencing start of season 4 dinghy usage fees will now be $20 / vessel. Nomination fees remain the same.
- TCYC is hosting a safety and survival at sea course in November follow the link if your keen to attend
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are Tues 12:30 – 4:30, Wed 9:30 – 5:30, Fri 11 – 2, or by appointment.
- FNQ Clubs meeting will be held on saturday night at 6pm during the Mission Beach Regatta – Ben Callard from YQ will be attending – if you wish to table an item for discussion please contact YQ FNQ Board Director Scott Davis
- Coral Sea Classic – Port Douglas Yacht Clubs is hosting the Coral Sea Classic 24-25th of Oct
- Mission Beach Regatta 2015 will be held on the 24th – 25th of October – We anticipate a strong contingent of CYC members – more information will be posted soon
- School Team Sailing Coaching: The CYC is offering a 5 week coaching program to individuals who plan on competing in the 2016 School Team sailing event – These will start on 30th of Oct 4pm and end 27th of Nov- Contact Scott for more details
- The CYC Commodores Cup will be held on the 8th of Nov – SAVE THE DATE
- The Ellis Beach Breakup party will be held 14 – 15th of Nov – SAVE THE DATE
- The Tropo Cup dates have been reschedule for the 5th and 6th of December in Bowen
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend