The Coming Week
- Dinghy Sailing: Is will not be on this saturday- see you all next saturday
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- School Team Sailing Coaching: The CYC is offering a 5 week coaching program to individuals who plan on competing in the 2016 School Team sailing event – These will start on 30th of Oct 4pm and end 27th of Nov- Contact Scott for more details
- SWD Program runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm. You are reminded to keep the new pontoon and at least 30 ft of the old pontoon free for access by this program
- Discover Sailing Day – a big thanks to all those involved.
- CYC Sailors with a Disability Program (SWDP) has launched a raffle to raise funds for securing a larger, more suitable boat for our larger adults. See Aaron Darrel to secure your ten or so books of 20 tickets on Tues or Thurs after 5.30pm at the Boatshed. Fantastic prizes on offer, including book-buyer/seller prize. Drawn at CYC Presentation 12 Dec. Gordo will be away for a few weeks from the 12th of October so please contact Don or Arron (m: 0459581495) for all the lastest updates
- Boatshed management : Just a reminder that our excellent Treasurer has made up a new cash reconciliation forms – please see Pam for more information. Our the club house needs to be locked each time it is left vacant – please talk to Rod Mitchel for more information on the SOPs.
- Changes to Dinghy Usage Fee : As per advice issued in July 2015, and commencing start of season 4 dinghy usage fees will now be $20 / vessel. Nomination fees remain the same.
- TCYC is hosting a safety and survival at sea course in November follow the link if your keen to attend
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are Tues 12:30 – 4:30, Wed 9:30 – 5:30, Fri 11 – 2, or by appointment.
- The CYC Anniverary Regatta will be held 26th of Nov – SAVE THE DATE
- The CYC Annual presentations will be held on the 12th of Dec – SAVE THE DATE
- The Christmas Party will be held on the 19th of Dec at Fitsroy Island – Please consider arranging your accommodation soon
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend
- SAIL CAIRNS Dates announced 17th – 20th of September 2016 SAVE THE DATES – spread the word