The Coming Week
- CYC Presentation night is just around the corner – we hope to see you all there at the Salthouse on the 12th of December
- The CYC Christmas Party will be held on the 19th of Dec at Fitzroy Island – Please consider arranging your accommodation soon. Race will commence at 11am – Please contact Bill for more details.
- Dinghy Sailing: Dinghy sailing has finished for 2015 but will recommence on the 9th of Jan 2016 as part of the will commence as part of the Lundsay Joice Series ( Yachts and Off the beach/ Dinghy Classes). More information will be available on facebook and the website in due course
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- Sailing Committee: The final sailing committee meeting of 2015 will be held on the 14th of Dec at 5.30pm in the Regatta room.
- SWD Program runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm. The final event for 2015 will be held on the 18th of Dec and will recommence on the 12th of Jan 2016
- Sail Training is about to start – instructors please contact Scott if you can assist with running courses in the School holidays.Students please contact the office to indicate your interest
- Dinghy 1/2 course will be held on the 4-6th of Jan ( $100 per youth or $150 per adult)
- Dinghy 1/2 Course will be held on the 22-24th of Jan ( $100 per youth or $150 per adult)
- Tackers Course will be held on the 6-7th of Feb – price to be advised.
- CYC Newsletter editor wanted: Looking for a time rich person who is interested in compiling the newsletter for the CYC ( about 2 hours a week) – If your interested please contact Scott
- CYC Sailors with a Disability Program (SWDP) has launched a raffle to raise funds for securing a larger, more suitable boat for our larger adults. See Aaron Darrel to secure your ten or so books of 20 tickets on Tues or Thurs after 5.30pm at the Boatshed. Fantastic prizes on offer, including book-buyer/seller prize. Drawn at CYC Presentation 12 Dec.
- Changes to Dinghy Usage Fee : As per advice issued in July 2015, and commencing start of season 4 dinghy usage fees will now be $20 / vessel. Nomination fees remain the same.
- Regional FNQ YQ facebook clubs page has been set up to assist FNQ work together and share information. Check it out. (check out John Brynes post about a regional VIP group to support regional regattas and skill development )
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are Tues 12:30 – 4:30, Wed 9:30 – 5:30, Fri 11 – 2, or by appointment.
- The CYC Annual presentations will be held on the 12th of Dec – Tickets are now available from the boatshed or the office ($25/person and kids under 10 years free)
- The First Series for 2016 will on be saturdays from the 9th of Jan thru to the 6th of Feb ( 2016 Summer series 1 – Lindsay Joice Series). more information will be posted soon.
- The Christmas Party will be held on the 19th of Dec at Fitsroy Island – Please consider arranging your accommodation soon
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend
- SAIL CAIRNS Dates announced 17th – 20th of September 2016 SAVE THE DATES – spread the word