The Coming Week
- This will be the final newsletter for 2015, wishing you all a safe and merry Christmas and we hope to see you all at the first CYC event (Lindsay Joice Series) which will be for Yachts and Dinghies commencing on the 9th of Jan 2016 – this means that our regular Saturday morning sailing has changed. Dinghy Training is now available to all with the first set of course commencing in January and a modified Tackers program occurring in Feb (see below)
- The CYC Christmas Party will be held on the 19th of Dec at Fitzroy Island – Please consider arranging your accommodation soon. Race will commence at 11am – Please contact Bill for more details.
- Dinghy Sailing: Dinghy sailing has finished for 2015 but will recommence on the 9th of Jan 2016 as part of the will commence as part of the Lindsay Joice Series ( Yachts and Off the beach/ Dinghy Classes). More information will be available on facebook and the website in due course
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- SWD Program runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm. The final event for 2015 will be held on the 18th of Dec and will recommence on the 12th of Jan 2016
- Sail Training is about to start – instructors please contact Scott if you can assist with running courses in the School holidays.Students please contact the office to indicate your interest
- Vice Commodore Rod Mitchell has recently stepped down from this position. The committee would like to acknowledge the work and energy that Rod has put into the club during his time in this role. – Many thanks Rod. With Rods departure, the committee is interested in hearing from interested people who may be interested in finding more about the role of Vice Commodore, please contact the office if you are interested.
- CYC Social Committee: The committee is keen to establish a social committee, if you keen to help us out on this committee please contact Trish
- CYC Trophies 2015 Final Congrats to all the winner from 2015 – for a full record of who has won what please follow the link in the title
- 2016 Format: There will be a change to the format of the CYC races in 2016, which will bring all our fleets together. Please see our 2016 Calender for more information
- CYC Newsletter editor wanted: Looking for a time rich person who is interested in compiling the newsletter for the CYC ( about 2 hours a week) – If your interested please contact Scott.
- Changes to Dinghy Usage Fee : As per advice issued in July 2015, and commencing start of season 4 dinghy usage fees will now be $20 / vessel. Nomination fees remain the same.
- Regional FNQ YQ facebook clubs page has been set up to assist FNQ work together and share information. Check it out. (check out John Brynes post about a regional VIP group to support regional regattas and skill development )
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are Tues 12:30 – 4:30, Wed 9:30 – 5:30, Fri 11 – 2, or by appointment.
- The First Series for 2016 will on be saturdays from the 9th of Jan thru to the 6th of Feb ( 2016 Summer series 1 – Lindsay Joice Series). more information will be posted soon.
- The Christmas Party will be held on the 19th of Dec at Fitsroy Island – Please consider arranging your accommodation soon
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend
- SAIL CAIRNS Dates announced 17th – 20th of September 2016 SAVE THE DATES – spread the word