The Coming Week
- Lindsay Joice Series: The CYC 2016 Summer series is well underway, but it is not too late to join in. Please ensure that your vessels are ready to hit the water immediately following the race briefing at 12noon ( dinghies, OFB and Yachts all welcome)
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- SWD Program runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm. All welcome.
- Sail Training for 2015 is well underway with our first group graduating from Dinghy 1 / 2 Course last sunday. From all reports there are 5 new sailors looking forward to joining in our clubs activities .. if you wish to undertake training please register your interest at the CYC office.
- CYC Modified Tackers program course is occuring at Ellis Beach on the 6th and 7th of feb. Enrol here. – Tackers Programs
- 1/2 Yearly General Meeting of members will be held on the 7th of Feb at 10.00am – spread the word
- Townsville Yacht Club is hosting a series of training programs for club Judges and Race Officers on the 13th and 14th of Feb – Please pass the word !!
- CYC Social Committee: The committee is keen to establish a social committee, if you keen to help us out on this committee please contact Trish
- 2016 Calender is now available online – to sync the CYC calender to your tablet or other device please follow the information via this link
- CYC Newsletter editor wanted: Looking for a time rich person who is interested in compiling the newsletter for the CYC ( about 2 hours a week) – If your interested please contact Scott.
- Changes to Dinghy Usage Fee : As per advice issued in July 2015, and commencing start of season 4 dinghy usage fees will now be $20 / vessel. Nomination fees remain the same.
- Regional FNQ YQ facebook clubs page has been set up to assist FNQ work together and share information. Check it out. (check out John Brynes post about a regional VIP group to support regional regattas and skill development )
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are;
- MONDAY & TUESDAY 12:30PM – 4:30PM
- WEDNESDAY 9:30AM – 5:30PM,
- THURSDAY – BY APPOINTMENT
- FRIDAY 2PM – 5PM
- Tinaroo Sailing Club has just publihsed there 2016 calendar follow the link for more details
- NQ School Team Sailing : The CYC is pleased to be hosting a round of the School Team Sailing Regatta: Given the success of last years event it will a great opportunity to work with regional clubs from Tinaroo and Mission beach to promote school Sailing – Volunteers welcomed.
- 2016 Mickey Ink Race Week – SAVE THE DATE. The Port Douglas Yacht Club is proud to announce that the 2016 Mickey Ink Port Douglas Race Week will be held Wednesday April 27th – Monday 2nd May in 2016 – Spread the word. 4 Days of racing over the newly instated Labour Day long weekend
- SAIL CAIRNS Dates announced 17th – 20th of September 2016 SAVE THE DATES – spread the word
- Sail Bowen dates announced – SAVE THE DATE