Changes to the newsletter from the editor:
At a recent meeting of the EMC of the CYC it was agreed to continue to publish our newsletter on a monthly basis. If you wish to put something into the newsletter please provide the content to the CYC office 1 week before the 1st of the month. Thanks. Scott
The Coming Month
- Ellis Beach Race Series 1 Regatta will be held on the 10th, 17th and 24th of April – Off the beach and Dinghies of all classes are welcome – Contact Rhys for more information. Hope to see you there for a great time at the beach – all off the beach , dinghies and multihulls welcomed. ( if you wish to use a CYC club boat please let us know ASAP) Nomination fees
- Sailing Committee will be held at 5.30pm in the regatta room on the 11th of April – All welcome
- Splish Splash Ladies Day Race will be held on the 3rd of April – this twice a year event is a great opportunity for our Lady skippers to show there skills. Always a great fun event.
- Mickey Ink Race Week is just around the corner, and already it is look like a great week of sailing. For more information please follow the link – There is also a rally been organised from Cairns and Townsville to Port Douglas contact Port Douglas Yacht club for all the details
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- SWD Program runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm. Unfortunately there will be no SWD from the 11th of April for 5 weeks
- SWD Program Transports options : Cairns Yacht Club has teamed up with ComLink to provide participants of the Sailors With A Disability Program a solution! ComLink has fully accessible transport and excellent drivers that will assist in getting you to and from the program on a weekly basis. For any enquiries please give the friendly team at ComLink a call on 1300 761 011 to discuss your transport needs.
- Sail Training for 2015 is well underway. To undertake training please register your interest at the CYC office.
- NEW THINGS HAPPENING : There are lots of things happening at the CYC in 2016, and the year has kicked off with the recent redevelopment of the Cairns Marina Boatshed ( BRAVO ALL involved), the success of the Lindsay Joyce series and the opening Regatta at Ellis Beach which had over 28 boats out on the water, but like all clubs volunteers are critical to keeping the activities that we all enjoy happening. So while it is easy to sit back and watch it all happen around you, it is more fun to get involved. If you would like to help out with running event, being involved in social committees, SWD and or our sail training programs please contact us to put up your hand. BTW for term 2 – the CYC welcome the students from Saint Monica College to Wednesday afternoon school sail training – if you see them around make them feel welcome.
- Sam Cadman Race Results – Provisional – announced
- First Aid Course – All current instructor and CYC members are invited to update their first aid certification, A group deal has been negotiated ( min of 6 people ) please let the CYC office know if you interested – Date to be advised
- Regional Yachting QLD meeting will be held at Tinaroo Sailing Club on the 30th of April – there are significant proposed changes occurring at the moment, and it would be good to ensure that all the regional clubs are in attendance at the meeting contact the FNQ YQ Board Director for more information
- CYC Social Committee: The committee is keen to establish a social committee, if you keen to help us out on this committee please contact Trish
- 2016 Calender is now available online – to sync the CYC calendar to your tablet or other device please follow the information via this link
- Regional FNQ YQ facebook clubs page has been set up to assist FNQ work together and share information. Check it out.
- VIP Program – as part of a regional clubs initiative John Byrnes from TSC is looking for interested people to get involved in supporting regional events as part a regatta management and support team – this is a great way for those member of the sailing community to remain involved while not necessarily sailing
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are;
- MONDAY & TUESDAY 12:30PM – 4:30PM
- WEDNESDAY 9:30AM – 5:30PM,
- THURSDAY – BY APPOINTMENT
- FRIDAY 2PM – 5PM
- Tinaroo Sailing Club has just published the 2016 calendar follow the link for more details
- Port Douglas Yacht Club has recently posted their 2016 Calendar of activities
- State Laser titles will be held in Yeppoon from the 24-25th of April 2016
- Tinaroo May Day Regatta will be held from the 30th of April to the 2nd of May 2016
- regional clubs from Tinaroo and Mission beach to promote school Sailing – Volunteers welcomed.
- SAIL CAIRNS Dates announced 17th – 20th of September 2016 SAVE THE DATES – spread the word
- Sail Bowen dates announced – SAVE THE DATE
- SEALINK Magnetic Island Race Weeks dates announced – SAVE THE DATE