The Coming Month
- TWW 2016 SAIL CAIRNS – is just around the corner – nominations are now open for all classes (dinghies, OTB, Yachts & Multihull )
- Saturday Afternoon Yacht Training (SATS) is happening again this month – Contact Bill for more information and keep your eye on our facebook page
- Saturday Dinghy Training (dinghy 1/2) will commence on the 8th of October til the 5th of Nov. Register now
- Sailing Committee will be held at 5.30pm in the regatta room on the 12th of Sept – All welcome
- WAGS: This Wednesday. Please see link below for Courses and Sailing Instructions. Refer to club noticeboard or title link for results and handicaps.
- WAGS courses (REVISED FEB 2016 – PLEASE NOTE)
- Sailing Instructions
- Sailablity Cairns ( formerly known as SWD ) has had a name change. For more information on what is happening please check out the facebook groups
- SWD Program Transports options : Cairns Yacht Club has teamed up with ComLink to provide participants of the Sailors With A Disability Program a solution! ComLink has fully accessible transport and excellent drivers that will assist in getting you to and from the program on a weekly basis. For any enquiries please give the friendly team at ComLink a call on 1300 761 011 to discuss your transport needs.
- Sail Training for 2015 is well underway. To undertake training please register your interest at the CYC office.
- Discover Sailing and Start Crewing at CCYS. Has kicked off at the CCYS for more information please follow the link
- Following a successful AGM. Please welcome and congratulate all the incoming club officers
- CYC Club T Shirts – There are new run CYC Club t-shirts are now available by contacting Margie – get them before they all disappear !!!
- 2016 Calender is now available online – to sync the CYC calendar to your tablet or other device please follow the information via this link
- Regional FNQ YQ facebook clubs page has been set up to assist FNQ work together and share information. Check it out.
- VIP Program – as part of a regional clubs initiative John Byrnes from TSC is looking for interested people to get involved in supporting regional events as part a regatta management and support team – this is a great way for those member of the sailing community to remain involved while not necessarily sailing
- YQ newsletter hare published monthly – for all the last YQ news
- New CYC Pontoon: The Executive would ask those people who use the new CYC pontoon if they would ensure that on the days with dinghy sailing (training and racing ) and SWD are occurring that the pontoon is vacated to allow safe access to the water.
- CYC current office hours are;
- MONDAY 12-4pm
- &TUESDAY 12– 3.00pm
- WEDNESDAY 10-5pm
- THURSDAY – 12-3pm
- FRIDAY 8-11am
- Tinaroo Sailing Club has just published the 2016 calendar follow the link for more details
- Port Douglas Yacht Club has recently posted their 2016 Calendar of activities
- Photos and Images – We are looking for photos and images of this year activities for inclusion on the website and in promotional material please send to Margie or Scott
Forthcoming Event (check out all calendar for dates for all upcoming events)
- Townsville sprints 1st to the 3rd of Oct
- Mission Beach Regatta 22nd-23rd of Oct
- SAIL CAIRNS Dates announced NOMINATIONS ARE NOW DUE ASAP – spread the word
- Sail Bowen dates announced – SAVE THE DATE
- SEALINK Magnetic Island Race Weeks dates announced – SAVE THE DATE
Apologies – this is the September Newsletter (not august as noted the title)